Using AGRO-CLINO for Plant Nutrition.
The zeolite clinoptilolite in AGRO-CLINO releases its natural nutritional elements into soil, via ion exchange, which then enrich the soil. Crucially it also, for very long periods, maintains cation exchange and therefore the ability of the land to procuce excellent crops.
AGRO-CLINO as Soil Improver
AGRO-CLINO is an excellent soil improver due to its high cation exchange capacity, superb water retention abilities and adsorption properties. In scientific research it has been found that yield increases of between 5.8% and 14.14 % occur in crops grown in soil in which zeolite clinoptilolite is added. Potato, corn and wheat were used in these trials. Zeolite clinoptilolite not only improved the water regime of the soil, but also prevented the washing away of the much needed nutritional elements, vital for growth, in soil with a low cation exchange capacity.
Positive Effects Of AGRO-CLINO When Used With Fertiliser
AGRO-CLINO can be used in soil as an ionic fertiliser additive, via translocation with the nutritional ammonium and potassium ions. Also, the most important macro nutritional elements- potassium and nitrogen, and the most important micro elements- iron, copper, manganese and zinc, can be delivered very effectively by means of AGRO-CLINO.
AGRO-CLINO prevents root rot in plants.
Nitrogen fertilizer is normally lost in soil by washing and NH3 gas. AGRO-CLINO prevents this happening!
AGRO-CLINO can be used as an excellent slow-releasing fertilizer additive that provide nitrogen (N) and potassium (K).
It also absorbs and binds NH4 into its porous channels. By doing this it prevents the soil from becoming toxic and also reduces ammonium poisoning.
Water Retention Features of AGRO-CLINO
- A feasibilty test was carried out by the Soil and Fertiliser Research Institute, under greenhouse conditions, in order to observe the physical effects of zeolite clinoptilolite (of which AGRO- CLINO is composed) for agricultural purposes; for example its ability to retain moisture in soil and the positive impact this would have upon crop yields.
According to the findings; water retention capacity increased, as the grain thickness of the clinoptilolite decreased and its surface area expanded. When the water retention capacity of brown soil was taken as 100, the water retention capacity of thin grained clinoptilolite was detected as 333 The average water retention capacity of clinoptilolite was calculated to be 248.
- It was also discovered that the rate of natural moisture, retained in the soil, increased as well. Adding clinoptilolite into the soil, at planting depth, was very effective
- Note: The overall amount of water needed to successfully irrigate the land, in order to produce excellent crops, is significantly reduced!
- In the Southern Anatolia Region of Turkey it was found that by adding the same amount of AGRO-CLINO as the fertiliser, it increased the yield of cotton crops between 25-31 kg per decare. It also produced a much healthier plant with increased stalk growth, branches, knots and seeds. 25 % of the water which was normally required was saved as well.
- In Germencik -Turkey, greenhouses growing beans where AGRO-CLINO was not used, could not produce crops due to frost and disease. When AGRO-CLINO was added, 500-750 kg crops per every decare were produced and irrigation was able to be done less frequently. It was also found that less soil crusting occurred and hoeing was much easier.
- In Ürün Bağyurdu, Kemalpaşa -Turkey, AGRO-CLINO was mixed with fertiliser and applied to a 6-decare field used for peach and cherry growing. Between 3 & 3.5 kg of AGRO-CLINO was used per tree. This study was realized in the month of February 2001 and then repeated in 2002, 2003 and 2004. The findings related to the crops where AGRO-CLINO was applied were:
- Leaves flourished, were much greener, and 2 times bigger.
- Branches reached 1.5 times the previous norm ; 1.25m to1.5 m as opposed to the normal length of 0,75 m).
- Much more flowering
- More transformation from flower to fruit
- Crop could be picked 5-8 days earlier.
- Fruit gained resistance against insects. Disease such as worm declined.
- Bigger and juicier crops.
- Shelf life of fruit increased.
AGRO- CLINO can be mixed with soil to prevent branch knot, at root level, in fruit trees such as apple, cherry, peach, nut, apricot, quince, plum, banana. The amount to be used depends on the plant and soil structure;
For fruit trees: 2-6 kg/tree
For industrial plants:: 50 kg/da
For vegetables: 50 kg/da
Greenhouses: 150-250 kg/da
Cereal production: 50 kg/da
Nut production: 2,5-5 kg/ocak
Strawberry production: 100-150 kg/da
Packaging: Polypropylene Sacks of 25kg or 50 kg.
Please contact the manufacturer for more information.